Chicken Makhani (Butter Chicken)
10 mins Preparation | 25 mins Cooking | 35 mins Total Time
Murgh Makhani also known as Butter Chicken is a spicy tomato-based curry cooked with chicken. Packed with spice and a rich creamy sauce it is a hearty curry.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Saute shallot and onion until soft and translucent. Stir in butter, lemon juice, minced ginger-garlic, ground coriander, garam masala, cayenne pepper, chili powder, cumin and bay leaf. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add tomato puree, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in half cream and yoghurt. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Season with salt pepper.
- Add cooked chickens into sauce. Mix together cornstarch and water, then stir into sauce. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until thickened. Serve with basmati rice or naan.
- 450g Country Cuisine’s Premium Chicken Breast Strips or your choice, defrosted, heated
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp fresh minced ginger&garlic
- 1 pinch ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp garam masala, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup half cream
- 1/4 cup plain yoghurt
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
These are delicious
Roasted Chicken Strips
Country Cuisine’s chicken breast, roasted to perfection and then cut into evenly sized strips. These chicken strips are perfect for…
Premium Chicken Breast Strips
Country Cuisine’s chicken breast, cut into evenly sized strips and then fry-steamed to perfection. These chicken strips are perfect…